|Julia Peirone, Golden Sunset, 2016 © Julia Peirone|
At Moderna Museet
|Patrick Demarchelier at Fotografiska.|
- Fotografiska (photography)- ongoing exhibitions include Patrick Demarchelier "Lumière" (until May 14th) and Cooper and Gorfer "I Know Not These My Hands" (until June 11th). Click here to read my recent visit. A promising upcoming exhibition is Arthur Fellig "EXTRA Weegee" (April 7th to May 28th).
- Moderna (modern art)- several exhibitions going on... like Golden Sunset (until the end of the year), Loulou Cherinet (until June 18th) and Marina Abramovic (until May 21st). A few upcoming exhibitions as well, including Written in Light (April 8th to Sep 3rd). Don't miss their permanent collection as well (always with free entrance)!
- Millesgården (art & sculpture)- most people go there to see Carl Mille's sculpture garden, but they have art exhibitions as well. Two interesting exhibitions going on: Chanel Balmain Dior, Marianne Bernadotte - A Style Icon (until June 11th) and Gerda Wegener & The Danish Girl (until May 14th).
Eero Aarnio, Ball Chair, 1963. © Eero Aarnio
At Kulturhuset. Photo by Rauno Träskelin.
- National Museum (classic art and design)- currently closed for renovations, reopening in 2018. However they have temporary exhibitions at Kulturhuset, like Finnish designer Eero Aarnio (until April 23rd).
- Thielska Galleriet (fine art, Scandinavian)- the current exhibition is "Artistic Blossoming: Art Noveau at Rörstrand 1895-1929" (until June 4th). You can click here to see what is coming up this summer. Great collection of Swedish masters on exhibit as well.
- Artipelag (art museum in archipealgo setting)- the big spring & summer exhibition is "Edmund de Waal & Giorgio Morandi" (until October 1st). Half the pleasure is enjoying the art is the beautiful setting!
The drawing room (at Prins Eugen Waldemarsudde)
Photo by Åke E:son Lindman
- Prins Eugen's Waldemarsudde (fine art)- the spring exhibitions are "Joan Miró- the poetry of everyday life" (until June 4th) and "A Fairytale School- the Swedish Folkskola Celebrates 175 Years" (until May 21st). Click here for descriptions. Don't miss Prince Eugen's private collection as well.
- Bonniers Konsthall (contemporary art)- the current exhibition is Susan Philipsz (until May 6th). Click here to read about my visit.
- Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum (mixed art)- the current exhibition is "Urban Larsson: Landscape, Still Life and Portraits" (until April 16th). The upcoming exhibition looks really good... Swedish master "Anders Zorn" (April 30th to Aug 13th).
"Fors under gammal stenbro", 1884
at Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum
Photo: Zorn Museum in Mora